Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Up and Running in Boise, ID


We left our home country of Canada on the night of June 6th. We had a long, tiring and breathtakingly beautiful three day drive through many mountainous areas like Yellowstone National Park where we stopped to see Old Faithful. We spent our first night at Kathy White’s home in Sheridan, Wyoming as planned. We arrived in Boise on Friday the 9th and had all of Saturday to settle into our new American home before meeting the rest of the Mercy in Action crew Sunday evening at a “welcome here bar-b-q”. One of the first things we did when settling into our new home was hang a Canadian flag in our living room. You might be interested to know that there are 9 Canadians out of a group of 41 people who have come to train with Mercy in Action.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey guys,
Great to hear from you and hear that things are going good. Check out my blogspot for updates as well
troubled-heart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Will keep the church updated through the bulletin. Also send prayer letters
Jenny
for Ridgewood

Sandra Plett said...

Hey Guys! Great to know about your blog! And I love the Canadian flag. I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

hey Amber & Alayna

Bring me back a potatoe!! LOL

Love: Sam

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Good luck with your studies, I am certain you will do well!! It is so exciting to be in the process of realizing a dream!! Take care and we will be praying for you!
Much love, the JimErin Clan

Anonymous said...

hey guys
glad to know you guys made it there!! we miss you but are still very exccited for you 2. We are praying for you. guess what... we only have 1 WEEK LEFT OF SCHOOL!! but i g2g and study for exams:( chiao
Kaitlin

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have arrived safely and are hanging up a Canadian flag. I hope you continue to have a good time "down south" & are enjoying your training. Isn't God's world wonderful? I pray that you will continue to meet new people & enjoy meeting God in a new place in your hearts & lives.