Sunday, September 17, 2006

Back in Manitoba!

We’ve been back for about two weeks already. I (Curt) have been working two days a week at a hog farm where my brother Keon works. A little different than pastoring I must admit! However, one really neat thing about this job is that a recently immigrated Philippino couple work there as well. So coffee break and lunch times usually include some language teaching. Only God could have planned an opportunity like this.

Next week Saturday we will be trying out our two-stepping moves at the Barn Dance / Hog Roast Fundraiser that my family has been busy planning. This money will be used for start-up costs. Then in 3 weeks we fly to Manila Philippines. For those of you wondering about our financial situation we still need $400/month for living expenses in Manila. Thank you all for your faithful generousity.

1 comment:

Sandra Plett said...

Hey Curt and Veronica! That fundraiser sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you were able to raise a good amount, and I pray that all your funds come in before you go!