Thursday, July 05, 2007

4 hour Hike Into The Mountains



It took Alayna and me 4 hours to hike into a remote tribe way up in the mountains of Mindoro. I am so very proud of Alayna for completing this most difficult adventure. We saw some amazing sites on the way up but this was definately one of the most intense things I've ever done. When we arrived at the village we wasted no time jumping into a nearby river. We didn't bother taking any of our clothes off as they were already soaked with sweat and rain. We spent that afternoon doing medical check-ups until dark. We then ate our rice and canned tuna on banana leaves then ever so exausted went straight to bed. Our sleeping conditions were less than desirable as it rained all night long. Not sure what made us more wet the sweat from the extreme humidity or the leaky roof of the nepa hut that we slept in. The following morning we did more check-ups until noon and then started our 4 hour hike back down and out of the mountains. We saw over 90 patients in the 2 days we were there. Needless to say Alayna and I were pretty sore for a few days. Be sure to go to our web albums to see more pictures of our adventure.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you guys.And I love the fower pics. Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW I am not sure if I would have been able to do all of that hiking. Alayna I am very proud of you that you went with them. You guys will all have a bunch of stuff to tell us when you come home. I can hardly wait for that time. Love ya all. Love Gloria

Nikki said...

way to go! praying for you

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics! So proud of you guys, a 4-hour hike in the mountains would be difficult by itself...then with the humidity...exhuasting!
Can't wait to see you...miss you and love you all! :)